Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hanging out in trees

In my last post, I told you guys that I was having a good friend coming into town. And that I would share pics afterwards. I guess the Christmas rush got ahold of me and I hadn't been able to post an update until now.

They made their way into town that night and spent the night at a hotel on base, across town from us. The next morning we invited them over to our house. We figured instead of going out to eat lunch somewhere, that they might appreciate a home cooked lunch for a break. Eating out on the road day in and day out can get really old. They had already driven from Washington state, all the way down here to Texas. And have more to go after their Christmas break with family.

After eating, and before her young son could get too tired, we took off for a park that my daughter had found that morning. It had really cool trees with branches that just about touched the ground! That spot will definitely show up again in future photo shoots. I guarantee!

Here's a small dose of the trees.
And without further ado....Andrea and her beautiful family!

The only regret is that we didn't have more time to get to hang out. But we enjoyed the time we had. After letting the kids stretch their legs at the playground, they were on their way to her mom's house for the holidays. I'm so glad that we finally got to meet everyone. Some day, it would be great if we could all be stationed in the same area. But until then, we'll continue talking on the phone and chatting on Yahoo messenger. Right, Andrea?

1 comment:

  1. Again, completely in love with all the photos! We had such a wonderful time visiting and wish we would have had more time. Next time, a full weekend sounds like a plan!

    We finally arrived in the new homeport, now I just need a home where I'll see ya soon on Yahoo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails